Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sitting


It's January in Detroit.  Things slow down in January, not just the business but also in my family life. There is less running around.  There's breathing room.  There's idle time.  Lots of idle time.  I am the first to admit that I have a problem with idle time.  I like to be busy.  I thrive when there are deadlines.  I love the adrenaline of a wedding day and having to be on my game.   So, it's January in Detroit and I am left feeling like I should be doing something, like I should be doing more.  I feel like if I am not busy doing something that I am just wasting time or even worse that I am being lazy.   I realized yesterday it's OK to sit down.  I realized that that I can take a day off to do something that I would like to do.  I realized that my break neck speed has perhaps drained my battery a little bit.  I realized that I need this downtime to recharge.  So with that said, I spent this evening sitting and watching TV.  I must admit it's an odd feeling and I am not all that comfortable with it and I am OK with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment